Program Manager – Wyndham Outreach, Victoria
Youth Off The Streets
The primary purpose of this Program Manager position is to plan, develop and implement community development strategies and programs that establish and maintain strong partnerships and networks with other organisations and government services. The role focuses on providing early intervention activities that will engage at risk youth in positive activities within their communities, to reclaim public places and to demonstrate to the community that youth can act in a positive and productive way.
This role will involve overseeing and managing all operations of the outreach program as well as working towards achieving the overall strategic outcomes of Outreach Services and Youth Off The Streets.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the implementation of a ‘good practice’ model to meet the needs of disconnected young people.
- Develop, maintain and implement outreach programs for young people
- Ensure the wellbeing of our young people is at the centre of all decisions and actions in service delivery
- Consult with the community and identify community and young people’s needs and gaps in services, develop and implement strategies to meet these needs.
- Consult with relevant stakeholders about planning and development of the projects in order to ensure collaboration and avoid duplication of services.
- Work in collaboration with Corporate Services to secure funding and to meet funding agreement requirements.
- Maintain and update a mapping project of appropriate youth facilities and services within area of responsibility.
- Provide timely and accurate, quality advice to the support service people in your area (council, FaCS, police, service club, etc.).
- Develop and maintain good relationships with key governments, non-government and private sector stakeholders in the area.
- Ensure all service user referrals are dealt with appropriately and in a caring and supportive manner.
- Lead the team to develop, plan and implement initiatives to address issues impacting on young people e.g. bullying, self-esteem, conflict resolution, etc.
- Provide bi-monthly analysis of program data at team meetings, and work with the team on addressing identified issues and needs.
- Ensure quarterly program plans are developed and maintained.
- Coordinate, empower and support community members to take an active role in volunteering and leadership with regards to addressing youth issues.
- Accurately record daily statistics, staff timesheets, leave, learning and development plans, performance reviews and management, and other matters as required.
- Effectively supervise and manage staff to meet program, Business Unit and company objectives