Integricare is a not for profit Christian organisation committed to providing high quality family and children’s services. We are currently seeking a committed and experienced Family Support Worker for our Family Worker Project, St George which is a Families NSW initiative. The Family Support Worker position is for 18 PPT hours per week.
Your main role is to work with and support families with children 0-8 years in strength- based case management role. As a family support worker, you will be required to work with clients around information and referral pathways, case management including home visits, group-based intervention as well as early literacy, and numeracy. The family workers have key partnerships with Health and other agencies in the community and you will be required to attend interagency meetings.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA: (must be addressed in application)
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Science, Social Work, Community Welfare/Services.
- Sound case work and family work experience working within strength-based framework
- Demonstrated experience working with families with multiple and complex needs
- Experience Working with children, young people and their family in a child protection context
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Results orientated with an ability to plan, monitor and report on relevant outcomes
- Current Driver Licence and reliable vehicle.
- Community language
- Demonstrated organizational skills
A Working with Children Check applies
Enquiries: Phone Binita 95997821