Health & Wellbeing Consultant: Central Coast
genU Karingal St Laurence
About the Role
As part of a national network of mental health professionals, the MatchWorks Health and Wellbeing Consultant role will involve providing health & wellbeing support to jobseekers accessing jobactive and Disability Employment Services (DES).
We have 2 part time permanent roles available(3 or 4 days per week) which will cover the Central Coast employment region. One role will span across Gosford and Woy Woy, the second role will span across Lake Haven, The Entrance and Wyong. These roles require the successful candidates to be flexible with travel in their individual regions.
Reporting to the Senior Health & Wellbeing Consultant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting biopsychosocial assessments and the provision of client focused short term interventions;
- Delivering psycho-educational group based interventions;
- Supporting operational staff with managing their clients with health and/or wellbeing concerns;
- Providing return-to-work guidance and offering in-work support as required;
- Building relationships with key stakeholders that contribute to the successful delivery of the service.
As a Health & Wellbeing Consultant, you will:
- Work with individuals on a one-to-one basis and in groups to support those experiencing health and or wellbeing concerns;
- Provide psychoeducation to clients on their health condition and use short term evidence based and best practice interventions to assist them to better manage their health and wellbeing;
- Create an individualised support plan for each client that focuses on return to work and assist as many clients into lasting employment as possible;
- Offer return-to-work advice and guidance for both clients and Employment Consultants;
- Assess and provide clients with practical techniques that enable them to understand and manage their conditions on a long-term basis once in employment;
- Refer clients to relevant external health or specialist services as required;
- Ensure service delivery meets the quality standards outlined in our clinical governance framework;
- Be a champion for health and wellbeing services in your area.