Senior Governance Adviser
St Vincent de Paul
Applications Closing: Monday, January 28, 2019 - 23:00
Job No: VIN1328
Permanent, full-time; requests for part-time or flexible working arrangements will be considered
This role may require some out of office hours
Based in Lewisham, NSW; travel to other locations may be required
Generous salary packaging benefits
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The Senior Governance Adviser position is responsible contributing to the provision of advice regarding governance of the Society. This includes contributing to the management of Trustee, Board and Committee meetings; the management and review of organisational policies; risk management and document management and promotion of best practice record keeping. This role will develop and maintain internal relationships with the State President, State Council members, Board of Directors, Executive Directors, Executive Officers and Central Council Presidents.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Leading the development and implementation of specific elements of the governance framework for the Society.
- Leading specific organisational projects and programs to deliver on governance initiatives identified by the Board, State Council and/or the Society’s strategic plan.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of effective reporting and compliance systems to meet governance assurance purposes and government funding requirements.
- Coordinating the implementation of the organisational policy framework for the Society and contributing to the development of major organisational policies.
- Coordinating the implementation of organisational records and document management policies, systems and processes.
- Supporting the development of a risk management framework and the maintenance of a Risk Register including appropriate risk management identification, controls, mitigation and reporting.
This role will report to the Manager - Governance. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in governance in the government or not-for-profit sector.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors or similar organisation management structure.
- Understanding of best practice governance frameworks and implementation practices. Interpersonal and relationship management skills, with a proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communication and presentation skills including the ability to develop reports, briefing papers and other documents accurately and in short time-frames.
- Understanding of current issues facing the not for profit industry and incorporated not for profit organisations.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Kate Temby (Executive Director, Executive Secretariat) email@example.com, quoting: Senior Governance Adviser - Governance /VIN1328.
Date posted: 16 January 2019