Manager - Governance
St Vincent De Paul Society NSW
Applications Closing: Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 23:30
Job No: VIN1327
- Permanent, full-time; requests for part-time or flexible working arrangements will be considered
- This role may require some out of office hours
- Based in Lewisham, NSW
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Key governance role in leading not for profit organisation
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The Manager - Governance will provide advice regarding best practice in governance of the Society (including Amelie Housing). This includes management of State Council, Board and Committee meetings; the management and review of organisational policies; risk management; oversight of legal services provision; and document management and promotion of best practice record keeping. This role has internal relationships with: the State President, State Council members, Board of Directors, Executive Directors, Executive Officers and Central Council Presidents.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- leading/managing the Governance Team
- leading the development and implementation of a governance framework to support business integrity and performance improvement, as well as improve the Society’s governance capabilities and practices
- overseeing the management of the organisational policy framework including leading the development of major organisational policies
- overseeing the provision of legal services to all parts of the Society
- overseeing the development of a risk management framework and maintaining a Risk Register including appropriate risk management identification, control, mitigation and reporting.
This role will report to Executive Director - Executive Secretariat. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in governance in the government or not-for-profit sector.
- Extensive experience working with a Board of Directors or similar organisation management structure.
- Experience in implementing best practice governance frameworks, including in relation to organisational policy, risk management and legal services provision.
- Project management experience including in strategic planning in a government or not for profit environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with a proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to develop reports, briefing papers and other documents accurately and in short time frames.
- High-level understanding of current issues facing the not for profit industry and incorporated not for profit organisations.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Kate Temby (Executive Director, Executive Secretariat) firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting: Manager - Governance /VIN1327.
Date posted: 16 January 2019