Team Leader - Group Work
Relationships Australia NSW (Big Splash on behalf of RANSW)
- Leading Not-For-Profit Organisation
- Part time senior position
- Based in Illawarra - Wollongong
- Salary packaging available
At Relationships Australia NSW, we believe that everyone is entitled to have positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family and personal relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Group worker to join our Illawarra Centre in Wollongong as the Team Leader for our Group Work programs. The Illawarra Centre offers several groups focusing on family safety, men's behaviour change, parenting and communications.
About the role:
We are looking for a Team Leader who is a qualified and experienced Group Worker or Educator with considerable experience in the area of family violence and understanding of family violence issues. The primary function of the role is to provide supervision, training and leadership to the Relationship Educators and Group workers, as well as providing direct service to clients as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have well developed clinical supervisory skills, training and experience as a Group worker, as well as flexibility, initiative, coordination and organisational skills.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure quality services through support, supervision and leadership
- Facilitate team functioning and performance
- Contribute to Relationship Education program and cross-centre responsibilities as part of the local leadership group
- Manage the organisational interface with clients and external customers
- Provide effective case consultation and clinical supervision including critical incident de-briefing
- Maintain a client case load as per Centre requirements
- Oversee triage of complex cases
- Prepare reports and analysis as required
- Work closely with the Centre manager to develop and improve staff practice
- Ensure the Relationship Education Program remains relevant and well connected, with other services within and outside the organisation
- Ensure safe work practices, monitor and report on all associated risks.
About the successful candidate
This is a 6 months fixed term contract position, working part time 3 days per week and the successful candidate will have the following:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in the human services area (e.g. social work, psychology), or other relevant qualifications and specific therapeutic group wort training;
- Five years' experience as full time group worker or educator or 2,500 hours of supervised group work clinical practice;
- Five years' experience in the area of Family Violence and a demonstrated understanding of Family Violence issues;
- Clinical Expertise in group work program areas;
- Demonstrated skills, experience and training as a clinical supervisor, giving and receiving live group work supervision;
- Demonstrated competence and understanding of working within a trauma informed framework;
- Community Development and Project Management Experience;
- Demonstrated competency in use of technology (including Microsoft office programs);
- Demonstrated experience in delivering quality customer service to internal/external customers;
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal;
- Current Drivers licence