COUPLE & FAMILY COUNSELLOR
Relationships Australia NSW (Big Splash on behalf of RANSW)
- Leading Not-For-Profit Organisation
- Part time role - working 3 days per week
- Based in Sydney city centre
- Salary packaging available
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
We have an opportunity available for a highly motivated and innovative Couple & Family Counsellor to join our team. This position is based in our Sydney City Centre. If you have a background working with complex, high needs couples and families and have a passion for making a positive social impact through the work you do, this could be the right role for you.
About the role
Counsellors work to ensure the achievement of program objectives through the provision of quality clinical work to clients. Some of the duties would include:
- Provide counselling to couples, individuals and families and participate in related clinical activity.
- Support achievement of program objectives:
- Produce reports, correspondence and documentation as required
- Attend and contribute to team meetings as required
- Assist in the development of regional programs as required
About the successful candidate
This is a part time role working 3 days per week. Days of work are negotiable however, the successful candidate must be available to work on Wednesdays. It is desirable that the candidate is available to work Saturdays or alternate Saturdays but not essential. The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree qualified in Social Sciences or equivalent;
- Post Graduate qualification and training in Relationship Counselling or equivalent with an understanding of the systemic approach;
- Minimum 100 hours of clinically supervised face to face counselling experience with couples and/or with families;
- Self-management and ability to work within the organisation's ethical framework, policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team;
- Efficient administrative skills including the use of information technology and data bases for communication, evaluation and data collection;
- Capacity to provide quality customer focused care.