Team Leader - Group Work
Relationships Australia NSW (Big Splash on behalf of RANSW)
- Leading NFP organisation
- Part time senior position
- Based in Blacktown
- Salary packaging available
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced group worker to join our Blacktown Centre as the Team Leader for our Group Work programs. As part of the role, this position will be responsible for service delivery and team support within the Building Stronger Families (BSF) project.
Building Stronger Families - Working with Refugee and Migrant Communities to Increase Family Safety is a 3 year partnership project between Relationships Australia NSW and Settlement Services International to develop and deliver culturally adapted Men's Behaviour Change Programs, as well as a range of other programs for the family, to specific refugee and migrant communities in their own language in Western Sydney.
About the role:
We are looking for a Team Leader who is a qualified and experienced Group Facilitator/Educator with considerable experience in working with families (particularly CALD families) and family violence issues. Cultural expertise and bi-lingual skills are a requirement (Arabic and/or Rohingya and/or Tamil).
This is a part time position working 4 days per week leading the Relationship Education Program team.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Cross agency collaboration with SSI and the CALD Family Safety Coordinator in implementing the BSF project, including promotion to/engagement with community, referrals into the groups, and Steering Committee participation.
- Coordinate the delivery of group programs in language to clients as required (including directly facilitating BSF group programs).
- Ensure quality group work services generally in the region through support, supervision and leadership.
- Facilitate team functioning and performance.
- Contribute to cross-centre responsibilities as part of the local leadership group.
- Provide effective case consultation and supervision, including triage of complex cases and critical incident de-briefing.
- Prepare reports and analysis as required.
- Work closely with the Centre manager to develop and improve staff practice.
- Ensure the Relationship Education Program remains relevant and well connected with other services within and outside the organisation.
- Ensure safe work practices, monitor and report on all associated risks.
About the successful candidate
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 5 years supervised experience as a group facilitator;
- Skills, experience and understanding in key group work program areas, particularly working with CALD families, and issues of Family Violence;
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal - including bi-lingual skills (fluent in English as well as Arabic and/or Rohingya and/or Tamil);
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications (minimum Diploma) in the human services area (eg. social work, social science, social welfare, health promotion, psychology), or other relevant qualifications or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated skills, experience and training as a group work supervisor;
- Demonstrated competence and understanding of working within a trauma informed framework;
- Community work and project management experience;
- Flexibility, initiative, coordination and organisational skills;
- Able to work collaboratively within a team based workplace;
- Demonstrated competency in use of technology (including Microsoft office programs);
- Demonstrated experience in delivering quality customer service to internal/external customers;
- Current Drivers licence;