Part Time Youth Worker - Inner West Youth Homelessness Services
Youth Off The Streets
We are looking for a Youth Worker to contribute to the daily running of our sites at Marrickville and Erskineville, and to assist young people within the service to meet their personal goals, develop their capacity to manage personal challenges, make informed life choices and live with greater independence. You will provide a range of support to young people, including but not limited to facilitating care through employment and education options, life skills training, mentoring opportunities, and support and structure in line with the program guidelines.
A person employed as a Crisis Accommodation employee level 1 will work under general direction in the application of procedures, methods and guidelines that are well established. They would have obtained organisational or industry specific knowledge sufficient to give advice and/or information. General features of this level involve solving problems of limited difficulty using knowledge, judgment and work organisational skills acquired through qualifications and/or previous work experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the day to day running of the site
- Engage with the young people to develop positive mentoring relationships
- Effectively supervise the young people
- Assist each client to effectively manage their behaviour through establishing positive relationships
- Assist and encourage the development of each young person’s interpersonal and social skills
- Be involved in the development, implementation and participation in leisure and recreational activities
- Develop each young person’s life skills through role modelling and group work
- Complete administrative tasks such as daily case notes, communication book, petty cash, updating data into CIMS and timesheets
- Complete accurate and timely reports on critical incidences
- Participate in case reviews with the case worker or other relevant persons as required
- Follow behaviour management plans
- Supervise and assist residents with daily chores, living competencies, appointments
- Closely monitor and assist clients in activities within and outside the program facility, in accordance with program policies and procedures.
- Participate in Life Space Interviews and reporting/recording incidents
- Maintain records on provision of resident's medication
- Complete WHS and other Q A compliance log books
- Orientation of new residents into the house
- Other duties as required