Wesley Mission - Counselling Services
Applications Closing: Friday, January 11, 2019 - 17:00
- part time position (4 days) – DSS Funded
- based in Sutherland
- salary + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Financial Counselling is a free, face-to-face, confidential counselling service. We offer counselling and support to people dealing with the emotional trauma and distress caused by financial crisis. It is a comprehensive, specialist counselling service that provides assistance toward gaining financial independence but does not lend money. We offer one-on-one financial counselling, ongoing casework services and consumer education.
Wesley Financial Counselling provides help to people who:
- have financial concerns or wish to avoid such worries in the future
- cannot meet their financial commitments
- are spending more than they earn
- require help to sort out family finances
- need advice on money management and budgeting
- have a financial problem associated with an addiction.
Financial Counsellors are able to provide:
- information, analysis of options, negotiation, mediation and referrals
- advocacy on behalf of clients with creditors
- short-term crisis management and long-term prevention strategies
- education and advice on options, financial management skills such as budgeting and personal cash flow management.
This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an experienced professional to join a committed organisation that is well respected in the sector.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff as well as range of opportunities for professional development and staff benefits. This is a child-related position and preferred applicants will be required to undergo a working with children’s check and criminal record history check.
- relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent in counselling or psychology
- sound background and training in financial counselling
- experience and/or competency in deliverying community education programs
- crisis telephone assessment and counselling skills
- accredited member of the Financial Counsellors Association of NSW (or working towards)
- demonstrate highly developed communication skills in written and oral situations, with supportive & positive attitude toward all persons for whom there is responsibility, accountability or care
- computer literacy
- excellent time management, multi-tasking and follow-up skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values
- current NSW driver’s license
- current working with children’s check
- an interest in and/or knowledge of problem gambling issues
- sounds background and training in general counselling
- experience in trauma counselling
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Support Program
- access to discounted health and travel insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging
Date posted: 06 December 2018