Community Development Officer – Coffs Harbour
Mission Australia (General)
Due to an exciting growth period, we have a brand new opportunity for a Community Development Officer to the join our team in our newly acquired and renovated office in the heart of Coffs Harbour and be the driving force in establishing and maintaining long-term partnerships within the community housing sector within the region.
Reporting to the National Manager – Community Development, you will get to use your property management knowledge along with your well-developed strategic and operational skills to build tailored community development strategies and execute plans for the Coffs Harbour MAH community.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Actively engage and manage external partnerships to achieve excellent outcomes for all involved
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to build and deliver the community development vison and strategic plan
- Develop an annual stakeholder map for your communities and create a project plan to implement the development strategy
- Manage an annual budget ensuring that it is allocated to the identified community development plan and goals
- Contribute to Mission Australia’s model of ‘strengthening communities’
- Identify and work towards community goals in response to identified community needs
- Work collaboratively with your MAH team to support residents to build wellbeing and resilience, increase community participation, develop leadership skills and capacity, and increase access to education and training opportunities and skill development.
- Assist the MAH team to deliver its Diversity and Inclusion strategy Assist the National Manager to develop and update program material and national strategies
Requirements for Success
- Broad experience in place based community development practices, community housing or community services
- Experience and understanding of real-estate and/or property management practices
- A professional, sophisticated and tailored approach to work well with variety of parties across all levels
- Understanding of government contracting and funding and the ability to identify opportunities and ensure funds are applied appropriately
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills and the ability to influence and facilitate outcomes
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and certifications
At Mission Australia, no two days are the same, so you will also need to be customer-centric in your approach, self-motivated, flexible and extremely organised. Mission Australia is a complex matrixed organisation, therefore your ability to drive strong partnerships to deliver social and business outcomes will be key to your success.
As part of our Employment screening process you will also be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check and will need a Working with Children Check.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences, opportunities for advancement and the chance to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and friendly culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, supported and celebrated, we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Salary packaging of $15,900 in tax-free pay per year (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Parental leave and the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Volunteering opportunities
- Flexible workplace practices
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click 'Apply' and send your cover letter and resume today.
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Monday 10th December 2018.