Family Support Worker (Part time)
Alcohol and Other Drugs Rehabilitation Program
Odyssey House NSW Parents and Children Program
- 7 Day Rotating Roster (includes overnight and weekends)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Rehabilitation Program
- Start ASAP
- Free parking onsite
- Great Salary Package on offer*
Odyssey House NSW – Parents and Children Program based at Eagle Vale offers a great opportunity in a stimulating work environment for a professional who is interested in working with families recovering from Alcohol and Other Drugs within a long term rehabilitation service.
Odyssey House NSW is a multi-site Alcohol and Other Drugs Residential service provider. Odyssey House' framework is the Therapeutic Community Model.
Odyssey House' services are designed to reduce harm associated with the misuse of alcohol and other drugs. The long-term residential treatment program at Odyssey House applies a comprehensive rehabilitation approach to alcohol other drugs and gambling addiction in order for personal growth to replace dependency.
The Odyssey House is looking for a Part Time Family Support Worker to work in our Parents and Children Program, this position is based in Eagle Vale, South Western Sydney. This position is based on a 24/7 roster.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Family Support Worker provides support services to children 0-11years and their parents who are in recovery from AOD issues and/or mental health issues.
The Odyssey House Parents and Children Program makes it possible for parents who are in the rehabilitation program recovering from Alcohol and Other Drugs addiction to live with their dependent children. By living together as a family, the program teaches parenting skills and aims to develop a happy, healthy, self-supporting and resilient family unit that strives to break the cycle of problematic drug misuse between generations.
The successful Family Support Worker will ideally have:
- A Tertiary qualifications in Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselling and/or Social Welfare related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years experience in either AOD, MH and/or child and family services
- Knowledge of trauma informed practice, how this is delivered.
- An understanding the effects substance misuse can have on child development and the family unit
- Demonstrated experience of working with children and young people and their family in a child protection context and knowledge of current child protection legislation
- Demonstrated experience of working with families in need of support services
- Demonstrated computer competence and experience using electronic case management tools
- The ability to work night shifts on a regular roster
- A Current First Aid Certificate
- Full NSW Drivers Licence
Please note: Only applications that address the above criteria within their cover letter will be considered.