NSW Council of Social Service
The position leads the development and implementation of a media and communication strategy to shape the public debate, turn NCOSS work into news stories, raise NCOSS’s profile as a “go-to” organisation on social justice/social policy matters, and ensure “cut through” on key messages.
The position also manages the production, dissemination and/or marketing of NCOSS publications, key information and products – including the website, social media and other communications channels.
- Raise NCOSS’s profile as a leading voice on social justice issues by:
- Building relationships with the media;
- Proactively identifying media opportunities and organizing media events; and
- Working with the CEO, Deputy CEO and other staff to identify, develop and place stories and respond to emerging issues.
- Prepare media releases, articles, speeches, and presentations as required.
- Grow NCOSS’s social media profile and use of social media as an advocacy and engagement tool.
- Work with policy and advocacy and other staff to identify opportunities for using different media channels to promote NCOSS work, to reach a wider audience, and to provide a regular flow of ‘news-worthy’ stories
- Provide expert advice and input on advocacy campaigns in regards to use of mainstream and social media.
- Work with member and partner organisations, ACOSS, state COSSs and other bodies as required on joint media and campaign initiatives.
- Participate in team meetings, the development of strategic and operational plans and other internal processes as required.
- Demonstrate commitment to NCOSS values, code of conduct and legislative requirements.
- Other duties as required.