Grading: SCHADS Award – Level 4 plus salary packaging, reducing taxable income by $15 900 per year.
Employment Type: Permanent – Fulltime Monday to Friday hours.
The Sustaining Tenancies in Social Housing (STSH) is a program funded by the Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) that supports people to maintain their tenancies in social housing. You will work in partnership with Neami National and the Strawberry Hills NSW Housing Tenancy team to deliver time limited, focussed mental health interventions aimed at assisting people with the appropriate supports required to maintain their tenancies.
In this newly created role, we are seeking an experienced Social Work practitioner or Counsellor with demonstrated experience in providing focussed psychosocial and counselling interventions to people with a history of homelessness. The role also includes providing holistic and adaptive case management services to clients with a focus on achieving long-term recovery and tenancy sustainment.
|Applications Close||October 29, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work|
|Job Field||Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
- Social Work degree and Professional registration with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or tertiary qualified Counsellor
- Social Worker (two years’ experience) and Professional registration with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or tertiary qualified Counsellor (E)
- Demonstrated experience in complex counselling and case management including practical and therapeutic support from evidence informed, recovery and resilience led approach. (E)
- Demonstrated ability to provide intensive mental health and AOD interventions to people with significant complex vulnerabilities with at risk tenancies. (E)
- Demonstrated high level communication skills, specifically in client rapport building, teamwork, and systematic advocacy. (E)
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a case management role with a working knowledge of the human services sector. (E)
- Experience working with complex clients in an outreach capacity. (E)
- At least 2 years post-graduation experience in a Mental Health related role(s). (E)
- Current Medicare Provider Number (E).
- Hold current Professional Indemnity Insurance (E).
- Valid driver’s licence. (E)
- National criminal record check. (E)
- Disclosure of any restrictions that affect your role as a practitioner. (E)
- Proven ability to engage with clients and to set clear professional boundaries. (E)
- Ability and commitment to work in a team approach. (E)
How to Apply
For more information on the role, and for a copy of a position description, contact email@example.com
Applications addressing the criteria and including a current CV to be emailed to
Applicants who do not meet all of the essential criteria will not be considered for interview.
Applications close: Friday October 29th 2021.
The Haymarket Foundation
The Haymarket Foundation is a Sydney based organisation that works with people who are experiencing, or at risk of homelessness. We are seeking a Social Worker or Counsellor with a minimum of two years field experience to deliver focussed psychosocial interventions and counselling to program clients in a range of settings, providing accessible and appropriate mental health supports needed to sustain an at-risk tenancy.