- Advocate for better household access to essential services
- Peak voice for consumer organisations and the community
- Flexible working conditions, full or part time hours considered
The Public Interest Advocacy Centre is a leading social justice law and policy centre. We build a fairer, stronger society by helping to change laws, policies and practices that cause injustice and inequality.
PIAC offers a dynamic workplace where wellbeing is promoted, and flexibility supported.
The Energy and Water Consumers’ Advocacy Program (EWCAP) works for better regulatory and policy outcomes, so people’s needs are met by clean, resilient, and efficient energy and water systems.
Reporting to the Program Director and working closely with the rest of the EWCAP team, you will develop policy and research issues related to household energy supply in NSW and advocate on behalf of NSW households. Additionally, you will:
- Draft submissions, media releases and other collateral
- Support the planning, development, and execution of PIAC’s energy projects
- Cultivate relationships with consumer and community organisations, industry, regulators, government, and other key stakeholders
You have experience or a background in public policy, research, development, or advocacy and ideally a good knowledge of the energy and/or water industries. Otherwise, you have:
- Policy analysis and project management skills
- Capacity to write submissions to government inquiries
- An understanding of the issues facing socially and economically disadvantaged people
- Familiarity engaging with media including via social media
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you would like to contribute to PIAC’s energy advocacy, please send your resume along with a covering letter and responses to the knowledge, skills and experience section included in the attached position description.
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Policy & Research|
|Employment Basis||Full Time, Part Time|
|Salary Range||$100K - $120K|
How to Apply
Inquiries should be directed to Douglas McCloskey via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application to email@example.com, including Senior Policy Officer / Policy Officer, Energy and water in the subject field. Please note there is no application close date, and we invite you to apply as soon as possible.