- Play a pivotal role in the development of Bayside Council’s future
- Based in Sydney’s east with opportunity to work across multiple locations
- Opportunity to develop a new and contemporary Positive Ageing Program
This is a new role which will drive the development of a comprehensive Bayside positive ageing program, a contemporary program of activities for older people in our LGA.
We are looking for a Positive Ageing Specialist with excellent communication and marketing skills, a people person with experience in developing interesting recreational, cultural, social and educational activities and programs for older people.
This will be a community led initiative based on identified need and implemented with a range of business, community, government and non-government partners.
- Design, develop and market an annual positive ageing program including social, cultural, recreational and educational activities and ensure the program is recognised as part of the Bayside brand
- Research and develop best practice positive ageing information and marketing material bringing together activities across Council
- Develop specific activities where gaps exist, source funding and aim for independence and future sustainability.
- Increase the capacity of other service providers to support positive ageing and ensure great partnerships internally and externally
|Applications Close||December 7, 2020|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Community Development|
|Job Field||Aged Care, Community|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
- Tertiary or other qualifications and/or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and marketing skills including capacity in social media
- Flexibility to work across varied hours and locations as required
- Current Drivers Licence Class C.
As an employer, Bayside Council offers a flexible and family-friendly working environment supported by a generous and tangible reward and recognition program with ongoing training and development opportunities.
Salary Range: $84,848.82 - $95,030.65 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Bayside Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.
How to Apply
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 5 pages) and a covering letter (max 3 pages), outlining how your skills and experience meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and challenges of the role and how you espouse Bayside Council values.
Applications must be submitted email at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
The City Life directorate delivers personalised and public services to enhance community life, including family, aged, leisure and cultural services.
|Contact||Maree Girdler – Manager Community Life|
|Phone number||0402 113 200|