The Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS) is seeking a freelance media and communications professional to deliver early morning media monitoring and produce a regular, daily digest for ACOSS staff and member organisations.
- You are an efficient savvy freelance media and communications professional with media monitoring skills and a sound understanding of the Australian media landscape.
- You have an interest in social policy, are familiar with the work of the community sector in Australia and can quickly identify news articles of relevance to the community sector and to people experiencing poverty and inequality.
- You have strong digital communication skills and can confidently and quickly format and send EDMs via CRM systems.
- You are available between 3-5 mornings per work week (negotiable) between the hours of 6am – 9am
About the role
- ACOSS is seeking to engage a freelance media and communications professional to undertake the following tasks:
- By 7.30 am, conduct early morning media monitoring and distribute key articles to the ACOSS team to inform our media and communications
- By 9.00 am, publishing the key articles as the ACOSS Daily Bulletin. The ACOSS Daily Bulletin is an early morning online digest produced by ACOSS for ACOSS staff and members. It is a listing of media articles and opinion pieces of interest to the Community Sector.
- All media outlet subscriptions are provided.
- The engagement terms will be $180 per morning, 3-5 weekday mornings per week (by negotiation).
|Applications Close||April 13, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Media, Communications & Marketing|
|Location||Inner City Sydney|
How to Apply
To apply, please submit an expression of interest (max two pages) plus your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 13 April. Your Expression of Interest outlining:
- your media monitoring and digital communications expertise
- your level of understanding of the issues relevant to the ACOSS membership
- Any experience using CiviCRM or other EDM distribution systems.
- Your commitment to the core values of ACOSS
Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS)
ACOSS is a national advocate for people affected by poverty, disadvantage and inequality, and the peak council for community services nationally.