The aim of the position is to work with CALD families to identify and act on issues important to them and for them to achieve increased skills, knowledge, empowerment and enhanced social inclusion, safety and community connectedness.
|Applications Close||June 30, 2022|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Community Development, Social Work|
|Job Field||Multiculturalism & Diversity, Neighbourhood, Community|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as social sciences, community welfare, social work and community development.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in community development work and demonstrated initiative in approach to project work.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop collaborative partnerships with a broad range of government and non-government organizations and individuals.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with ethnic communities, including refugee and minority groups.
- High level interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with diverse
- Demonstrated skills in undertaking community engagement to identify needs and working with the community to devise projects and partnerships to address those needs.
- High level skills in written and oral communication including advocacy and negotiation
- Broad knowledge of support services available to meet client
- Experience in writing successful funding submissions to meet identified need in the
- Ability to engage, network and build effective relationships with a number of local government, community organisations, service providers and employers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a supportive team to meet BMS objectives and plans
- Ability to organize work, time and priorities to meet deadlines and to meet desired
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, databases and Power Point.
- Cross cultural sensitivity and understanding of the issues affecting CaLD communities, including refugees and new arrivals.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence and access to an insured motor
- Willingness to undertake Police and working with children’s
- Ability to communicate in a relevant second
- Knowledge of the Cumberland and Parramatta LGA
- Experience in website maintenance using Wix
|Position reports to||BMS Manager|
|Employment Status||Part –time 18 hours per week|
|Award||SCHADS Level 4|
|Location||BMS Office with outreach in surrounding|
How to Apply
Written applications for the position should include:
- Resume and cover Letter
- Response to the selection criteria outlining your experience against each of the selection criteria listed above.
- Names and contact details of two Referees.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: COB Thursday, 30th June 2022
Boronia Multicultural Services Inc
Boronia Multicultural Services Inc. is an advocacy and support service for refugees and migrants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and other vulnerable and disadvantaged groups living in the cities of Cumberland, Parramatta and surrounding suburbs.
The main aim of this service is to facilitate and provide appropriate social, educational, recreational, cultural and community support services to target clients to reach their full potential by addressing the causes of inequality and disadvantage.