Exciting opportunity for a passionate leader of child and family practice excellence
Barnardos Australia (Barnardos), one of Australia’s leading children’s social care providers, is well known for innovative practice solutions and improving the lives of vulnerable children. Barnardos believes every child needs a champion to reach their full potential. We listen, act and advocate for the safety of children at risk of abuse and neglect, supporting families and assisting children. When it comes to protecting vulnerable children from abuse, Barnardos never gives up.
This position is a rare opportunity to join the executive of a leading not for profit, driving ongoing improvements and excellence for vulnerable children.
About the Role:
Barnardos’ Executive Leader Practice Quality builds and maintains a framework that ensures that Barnardos’ children’s social care practice is informed, safe, and of the highest standard to support the provision of quality programs for children, young people, families and communities. The role develops and builds a strong culture of Quality Assurance (QA) and associated Continuous Improvement (CI), prioritised and based on relevant data and contemporary research evidence. Responsible for high quality contributions to Government and public debate on issues relevant to Barnardos’ vision and purpose, the Executive Leader Practice Quality role contributes to Barnardos’ leadership as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
Primary duties include:
· Close liaison with Barnardos Executive Leader Children and Families
· Development and leadership of Practice Quality for Barnardos’ child and family programs
· Oversight of robust and consistent Continuous Practice Improvement
· Data analytics in relation to outcomes for children
· Practice Quality team management (including Gurung Wellama - Barnardos’ Aboriginal Cultural Unit)
· Child and Family workforce support and training in conjunction with People and Culture
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Executive & Senior Management|
|Job Field||Family, Children and Youth|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
- Tertiary level qualification in a social care related discipline and/or relevant related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in executive level management
- Significant direct social care practice expertise in working with children and families
- Experience in the direct oversight of quality assurance in social care
- Understanding of social policy impacts on children and families, including the impact of disadvantage, poverty, child abuse and neglect
- Highly developed leadership and management skills in complex and dynamic operational, legislative and policy environments
- Excellent strategic communication, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Police Check and Working with Children Check, with COVID vaccination status verification also required.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion OR to find out more about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Connect on LinkedIn to stay up to date with all our vacancies
Australian Barnardos Recruitment Service
Why partner with abrs to secure your next role?
Our values aren’t just things we believe in. They’re our entire foundation. They’re the very reason we exist, and the reason we’ve returned every single cent of profit we’ve earned to charity.
abrs is Australia’s only charity owned not for profit recruitment agency with 100% of our net revenue returned to fund programs that assist children, youth and families. When you engage with abrs to secure your next career move you are participating in an ethical recruitment process that funds programs in the charity space. Choosing abrs means you are helping us to help some of the most disadvantaged in our communities