New and important information on COVID-19 vaccines
An ongoing, phased rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in NSW has commenced. The first groups to receive vaccination from February 2021 in Phase 1a of the rollout include frontline healthcare workers, quarantine workers and residents and staff in residential aged care and disability facilities.
- Clinical and non-clinical healthcare workers not included in Phase 1a, including workers employed by health NGOs
- People aged 70 and over
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 55 and over
- People with significant disability
- People with severe mental health conditions
- Carers of people eligible for vaccination in Phase 1a or Phase 1b of the rollout
- Disability and aged care support volunteers.
People can check their eligibility for a COVID-19 vaccine and book an appointment for vaccination using the Australian Government's Vaccine Eligibility Checker.
A progressive rollout of vaccinations across rural and regional areas commenced 22 March, including for the Western NSW, Central Coast, Murrumbidgee and Far West Local Health Districts.
You can check where vaccines are being administered during Phase 1b through a list published by the Australian Government.
More information can be found at these links below:
- COVID-19 vaccines Australian Government Department of Health
- COVID-19 vaccination: information for the NSW community NSW Health
- COVID-19 vaccination FAQs NSW Health
- COVID-19 Vaccination in NSW: Fact Sheet for NSW Healthcare Workers NSW Health
- Immunisation services during COVID-19 NSW Health
- Information for aged care providers and workers about COVID-19 vaccines Australian Government Department of Health
- Information about COVID-19 vaccines for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO) and National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance (NCIRS)
- Provider alerts - Coronavirus (COVID-19) NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission - includes updates on the vaccines rollout for registered NDIS providers.
- Australia's COVID-19 vaccination rollout to include visa holders Australian Trade and Investment Commission
- Priority groups for COVID-19 Vaccination Program: Phase 1B Australian Government Department of Health
- Recommendations for developing COVID-19 vaccine communication materials National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance (NCIRS)