NCOSS & NSW Legislative Council Parliamentary Inquiries Workshop (Western Sydney)
Save the date, registration opens on 6 March.
This highly-regarded session is back, and going to Western Sydney!
This free workshop is aimed at people working in Policy, Advocacy or management in the NSW community sector, whose work potentially involves taking part in Parliamentary Inquiries.
New South Wales
How to have your say and maximise your influence
- Do you work for a non-government organisation and want to know more about Parliamentary Inquiries, so that you can take part and influence policy?
- Do you want to build your skills in writing submissions or in appearing as a witness?
The workshop is most useful for people with limited or no experience in writing submissions or taking part in hearings. Those who wish to refresh their knowledge and skills are also welcome to attend.
Discussions will be facilitated by staff members of the NSW Legislative Council parliamentary committees, and a representative from NCOSS (NSW Council of Social Service).
The emphasis will be on practical tips for effective advocacy and participation, including:
- What Parliamentary Inquiries can achieve
- How Inquiries are initiated
- The steps of an Inquiry
- Maximizing the impact of a submission
- Giving effective evidence at a hearing
Some feedback from previous participants:
This is a fantastic workshop that many people would be interested in attending!
(There was) A balanced range of how the information was provided- case studies, verbal, visual, guest speaker. (Made it) easy to understand a fairly complex process.
Registration for this event will open on 6th March 2020. Meanwhile, please save the date in your calendar and pass on the info to your team and networks.
Queries about this event to: email@example.com