NCOSS & NSW Legislative Council Parliamentary Inquiries Workshop-November 2019
This popular and highly-regarded session is back!
This free workshop is aimed at people working in Policy or management in the NSW community sector, whose work potentially involves taking part in Parliamentary Inquiries.
6 Macquarie Street
New South Wales
How to have your say and maximise your influence
- Do you work for a non-government organisation and want to know more about Parliamentary Inquiries, so that you can take part and influence policy?
- Do you want to build your skills in writing submissions or in appearing as a witness?
The workshop is most useful for people with limited or no experience in writing submissions or taking part in hearings. Those who wish to refresh their knowledge and skills are also welcome to attend.
Discussions will be facilitated by staff members of the NSW Legislative Council parliamentary committees, and a representative from NCOSS (NSW Council of Social Service).
The emphasis will be on practical tips for effective advocacy and participation, including:
- What Parliamentary Inquiries can achieve
- How Inquiries are initiated
- The steps of an Inquiry
- Maximizing the impact of a submission
- Giving effective evidence at a hearing
Some feedback from previous participants:
This is a fantastic workshop that many people would be interested in attending!
Getting a Member of Parliament to come and give their perspective about the Inquiry process was most useful. Everything was really good.
A balanced range of how the information was provided- case studies, verbal, visual, guest speaker. (Made it) easy to understand a fairly complex process.
Please advise if you have any special needs (access and dietary requirements) when you register.
Queries about this event to: firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Training)