Governing a NFP organisation
This half day workshop is designed for people who govern not-for-profit community organisations including, board or committee members, managers and senior employees. It covers the roles and responsibilities of board or management committee members and how to assess if your board is effectively managing your organisation.
Level 3, 52-58 William St
New South Wales
This training will cover:
- The legal role and responsibilities of committee members
- The difference between governance and management
- The importance of the rules and purposes of a community organisation
- Identifying the four key legal duties of those who govern the organisation
- Other laws that people who govern the organisation need to keep in mind such as occupational health and safety laws, employment laws, tax laws etc.
- Liability and the protections available for NFP committee members
- Questions, top tips and summary
The training is suitable for people involved in organisations that are incorporated associations, companies limited by guarantee, indigenous corporations, cooperatives and unincorporated groups.
The session will be presented by a lawyer from JusticeConnect’s Not-for-profit Law service.
Due to catering and booking commitments, cancellations made within 3 days (excluding weekends) of the course/event cannot be refunded.
For more information contact Elleker Cohen via email, email@example.com or phone 89607925