With over 16 years’ experience, EJD Consulting & Associates is a Sydney based consultancy firm specialising in social policy and human services. Our clients are both non government and government agencies which contract us to undertake a broad range of policy, organisational development, program evaluations and stakeholder engagement activities. Our core business is to help organisations clarify their directions and build their capacity to deliver.
Edwina Deakin, as founding Principal of EJD Consulting, is the project leader and principal consultant on all EJD projects. Before establishing the company in 2001, Edwina coordinated a national, not-for-profit consumer organisation and also spent nine years in the NSW Government. Her senior executive positions included NSW Director of Social Policy, and Director of Policy and Community Liaison, NSW Ethnic Affairs Commission.
EJD personnel have worked extensively with peak bodies at the state and national levels, as well as with small and community-based providers across NSW. We are skilled at working with different governance structures including boards, senior management teams, staff committees, as well as with client and consumer groups and stakeholder representatives.
Geographical spread or limits: Prime focus Sydney, Wollongong and Newcastle greater metropolitan areas. Capacity to work with providers throughout NSW.
- Strategic and business planning
- Organisational reviews and governance audits
- Workshop facilitation and stakeholder consultations
- Staff training and skills development (including in Effective Advocacy and Negotiation)
- Program design and service model development (including for tenders and submissions)
- Policy and procedures drafting
- Guideline and resource development
- Evaluation frameworks, program evaluations and service reviews
- Survey design and other data collection tools and analysis
- Change management, executive coaching and staff capacity building
- Effective collaborations, partnership development and management
- Meeting moderator and conference chair
Values and principles statement:
EJD Consulting is an ethics-based organisation with all personnel committed to upholding our core values and principles:
- We engage with people and ideas in an open and inclusive manner
- Our communications are honest and our practices have integrity
- Research, evidence and the insight of participants shape our findings
- We are responsive and adaptable to the needs of clients
- Quality and practicality underpins all our products and services
- We conduct ourselves professionally and are proud to be accountable for all our activities.
Principal Consultant- Edwina Deakin
11 Darley Street, Marrickville, NSW