- Full time – 35 hours per week
- 8 Month fixed term contract till June 30 2022
Are you a Principal or Senior Solicitor, looking for the next step in your practice, and wish to lead a team of skilled professionals in the delivery of critical services to our communities most vulnerable and disadvantaged people?
This position offers the opportunity to work with a committed, multi-disciplinary team on a diverse range of social justice and legal issues.
Along with the Coordinator and Management Committee of Illawarra Legal Centre, the Principal Solicitor will provide leadership and drive the legal practice of ILC.
|Applications Close||October 22, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Salary Range||$90,001 +|
|Location||Wollongong / Shoalhaven|
- Admission with the Law Society of NSW to practise as a solicitor in New South Wales, and hold a current unrestricted practising certificate.
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy of community legal centres and the promotion of social justice and legal reform and the capacity to provide an accessible and culturally sensitive legal service.
- Extensive casework and advocacy experience including litigation in one or more of the following areas: consumer credit and debt, child support, discrimination, victim’s compensation, employment, domestic violence, tenancy, welfare rights.
- Experience providing high quality legal advice and representation
- Demonstrated strategic approach to casework, community legal education, law reform and systems advocacy and a commitment to supporting a Collaborative Service delivery model.
- Experience both in a leadership role and legal supervision.
- Exceptionally high level oral and written communication skills, including excellent grammar, proof reading, attention to detail and accuracy that support a cohesive and effective workplace
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in plain language legal information to our diverse community.
- A current driver’s licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Demonstrated understanding of the current legal needs of disadvantaged groups in Australia.
- Experience providing community education and/ or drafting of plain language legal resources.
How to Apply
Applications must address the essential criteria in the position description to be considered for an interview.
Two (2) recent professional referees and their contact details should be included in the application
Late applications will not be accepted, without prior agreement with the Coordinator.
Applications that do not provide a cover letter will not be considered for an interview
Applications should be marked as CONFIDENTIAL and addressed to:
Illawarra Legal Centre Inc.
Applications close: 22nd October 2021 5:00pm.
Interviews to be held: 29th October 2021.
Illawarra Legal Centre
For over 35 years, Illawarra Legal Centre Inc (ILC) has supported vulnerable and disadvantaged people to access free legal services and to recognise their legal rights.
ILC’s people are dedicated, driven, person focused and committed to the principles of social justice and human rights.
Our mission is to promote social justice for people who experience social and economic disadvantage in the Illawarra Region and surrounding areas, with a particular focus on those who experience social and economic disadvantage.
|Phone number||4276 1939|