NCOSS News is our member newsletter.
Published monthly NCOSS News is posted to NCOSS members and affiliates, media organisations and to NSW Ministers and MPs.
NCOSS News contains information on NCOSS policy work and submissions. It also has news from the social and community services sector, reports of government initiatives and social policy. Some articles from each issue are reproduced in the Resources and Media Release sections of this site.
Current Issue: January-February (No 1 Vol 41)
- February is time for FAIRBRUARY
- Affordable housing - essential for
- Health Transport: Time to complete the
- New planning system on hold?
- Addressing population ageing: a road to inequality?
- ACOSS @ Work: Government review of social
security payments needs its own
- ACNC: National regulator needed... not
- New working with children check deadline
- Addressing the root cause of anti-social
- Cost of Living Report Launch- save the
- NCOSS News Noticeboard
Subscription and back issues
NCOSS News is available as part of membership to NCOSS - become a member and subscribe, for more info - click here
Back issues are available for $2.50 until out of print, please enquire through
- NCOSS welcomes articles, media releases, reviews, snippets and info on the community services and NGO sectors for inclusion in NCOSS News.
- Short conference listings are available for free.
- Items must be received no later than the 15th of the month prior to publication.
- As a general guide 900 words = 1 page, and this is usually the maximum size article allowed.
- NCOSS reserves its right to publish based on the merit of the article and space available.
- Please submit contributions to:
NCOSS News is sent to over 850 members, affiliates, media outlets and government organisations - and then circulated amongst staff at each organisation. We take advertisements and inserts for inclusion with each issue.
Published: Monthly (except January)
Distribution: 875 copies
Format: 16 page; A4; B&W
Distributed: First week of each month of publication
Booking deadline: 15th of month prior to publication
Ad copy deadline: 20th of month prior to publication
- 1/2 page: 130mmx180mm (hxw)
- 1/4 page: 90mmx120mm
Artwork: Must be provided as PC greyscale tif or jpg file; 300dpi. Ads can be designed at NCOSS for $30 per hour (min. charge $30).
Insert deadline: Must be received no later than last week of month prior to publication
- Deliver to: NCOSS, 66 Albion St, Surry Hills 2010
- Quantity: 875
- Standard size: Single sheet A4 (can be folded to A5 or DL)
- Excess weight : Inserts heavier than 10 grams attract 10% for each extra 2g
- Maximum: there is only room for 6 inserts per issue, bookings are made on a first in first served basis
effective from August 2013 issue
||Not for Profit Orgs
||For Profit Orgs and Gov
1/2 pg ad:
1/4 pg ad:
Prices include GST/NCOSS abn:85001 797 137
Editor: Stephen Crowley
phone: (02) 9211 2599 ext.115