The Sector Development Unit of NCOSS works to comprehensively support the sector to effectively operationalise its social justice objectives and values.
We aim to proactively enable and resource the development of a high quality and effective community sector through industry services, advocacy, research and policy development.
Major goals of the Sector Development Unit
1: Support and resource the ongoing development of a high quality and effective community sector.
- Provide leadership and support in developing organisational capacity and sectorial sustainability
- Deliver and initiate quality services to meet the identified needs of members and the sector
- Develop the NCOSS research capacity to work on issues affecting the development and sustainability of the community sector.
2: Positively influence key government policies that impact on the sustainability, capacity and vitality of the community sector.
- Be an effective industry advocate
- Develop and maintain relationships to support and inform our sector development work
- Advise government of the current and emerging needs of the sector in relation to work force development, organisational sustainability and other sector capacity issues.
NCOSS Sector Development Strategy 2009- 2012
These strategies aim to provide a balance of activities that address and intervene at the sectorial and organisational levels to influence and build structural capacity.
Download: NCOSS Strategic Plan 2009-12
phone: (02) 92112599 ext 107
NCOSS Sector Development e-Bulletin - Subscribe Now and Stay Informed
This bi-monthly free bulletin provides subscribers with information and updates on a broad range of industry development:
Current Issue: [June 2014 ] [April 2014 ] [February 2014 ]
[December 2013 ] [October 2013 ] [August 2013 ] [June 2013 ] [April 2013 ] [February 2013 ]
[December 2012 ] [October 2012 ] [August 2012 ]
[June 2012 ] [April 2012 ] [February 2012 ]
[December 2011 ] [October 2011 ] [August 2011 ] [June 2011 ] [April 2011 ]
[December 2010 ] [October 2010 ] [August 2010 ] [June 2010 ] [April 2010 ] [February 2010
[November 2009 ] [October 2009 ] [July 2009 ] [June2009 ] [March 2009]